This is a simple but super nutritious and tasty pudding. A pudding of a pudding but quite a grown up taste. Chia is full of minerals and protein, plus is cleansing for the gut. Cacao is rich in magnesium and bitter for the gut. Maple syrup, well, sugar by another name and aromatic. Serve with slivered strawberries, peaches or other seasonal fruit and maybe a non-dairy yoghurt.
Ingredients makes 4 servings of 3x tablespoon
- 150g chia
- 400ml non-dairy milk I like coconut milk
- 2 tblsp cacao paoder
- 2 tblsp maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- puddle the cacao with the maple, mixing thoroughly
- stir in the milk, little by little
- add in the chia and mix well. After 20 minutes mix again, de-clumping
- rest it in the fridge for 4 hours or more and stir again. Adjust for taste, adding more maple if you think folks need more sweetness
You could add desiccated coconut at the beginning, a tablespoon.