Classes have gone online!
New to online yoga classes with Fiona? Please click on the blue button to complete a new student form and arrange a call or zoom session for a pre-class consultation. This not only gives you a chance to explain your needs, wants and any health conditions, but also helps establish rapport between us. In addition, it is an insurance requirement for online sessions.
The studio at Viveka Gardens may be empty but students are loving their online yoga classes. See here for their feedback.
Some other nice comments: testimonials from students, workshop participants and retreatants
Traditional Hatha Class
– 90 minute class
– for people who have with yoga experience and/or good fitness and mobility
- pranayama (breathing exercises)
- surya namaskar (sun salutation)
- asana (yoga postures) which are held
- final relaxation
[/one_half] Gentle-ish Hatha Class
– 90 minute class
– for people who have with less or no yoga experience or rusty, lower level of fitness
What to expect Gentle yoga moves with awareness of the breath and gradual building towards holding of classic postures. You will develop flexibility, strength. You’ll experience relaxation and learn better how to observe and calm yourself. As you develop confidence in the techniques you may want to try the stronger Traditional Hatha sessions.
HOW IT WORKS
- complete the form and choose a time for your pre-class consultation via the blue button
- Go to xyz to choose, book and pay for your session
- Click on the link you have received. You will be invited to download and launch the Zoom app
- Turn on the audio and video on your device. Please feel free to arrive up to 15 minutes early for a bit of community chat and/or go straight to lying in savasana
- ensure your device is fully charged and in airplane mode, or close apps with notification bings
- set your device in landscape orientation facing the long side of your mat about 2m away
- get the cooperation of family and pets to leave you undisturbed
- have your mat, cushion and blanket ready
- wear leggings or trackies with an elasticated waist
- warm top and socks to put on for relaxation
- best not to eat for two hours beforehand but if you have energy issues some fruit juice would be ok
Course for Beginners and Rusty Folk
Want to get going with yoga? Do this 4 week course:
– learn techniques
– established, long-experienced and kind teacher
– get ready to practice on your own or in a group (online or in person eventually)
– true rest and relaxation
Read a little bit about Fiona, the teacher, and the approach.
Questions? Contact Fiona