Changes are happening in your body-mind, and it’s confusing and uncomfortable, to say the least. It can also feel lonely. This retreat day will help you to embrace the change and see it as an opportunity.
Now is the time to dream into the rest of your life. With the contemplative practices of yin yoga, yoga nidra, meditation walk, and reflection through journaling and circle we’ll open up to the possibilities. Safely, warmly and kindly held there will be sisterhood – know you are not alone, and definitely not going crazy!
The spiritual path is a cycle of descent to wilderness and renewal to a transformed way. Perimenopause is a divine and momentous (and messy) phase in a woman’s life and must not be stifled.
“If you don’t leave yourself free to grow, who will play your part in your calling here on Earth?”
Clarissa Pinkola Estes, ‘How to be an Elder’
For the day you will need:
• A yoga mat, blanket or soft surface to lie on
• A bolster or roll pillows in a towel or small blanket, or put the bundle in a pillowcase, or roll up a heavy blanket. Two such bundles would be good, but can probably manage with one especially if you are more on the short and slim side
• Yoga blocks or cushions, one firm one off the sofa too
• Yoga belt or other long belt or scarf
• eye pillow or scarf to cover your eyes (optional)
• Layers of clothes and an extra blanket for warmth
• Light lunch
Saturday 27th March 2021
10.30 – 4.00pm
Viveka Gardens is keen to make yoga available to all – bursaries for those on benefit/low income Please contact to discuss
How to book
Existing students, please make payment and message me for the link.
10.30 arrival, opening circle
11.00 jounalling – guidance and practice
11.20 yin yoga and check in
12.30 lunch (jounalling maybe too)
1.30 themed meditation walk
2.00 Nidra workshop
3.30 next steps and conclusion