- This event has passed.
Chanting workshop March
March 5, 2016 @ 10:30 am - 12:30 pm£18
Chanting brings all heart-opening benefits. In this relaxed and light-hearted workshop we will learn classic chants and mantras to tune to a good vibration. Chanting is a key practice and complement to meditation and hatha yoga. You can read more about chanting here.
The workshop is suitable for beginners, yoga teachers wanting to practise this skill and anyone looking to expand their repertoire of kirtan. Please be in touch in advance if you have any requests! There will also be a vegan Indian lunch – free – so we can continue the heart-opening and warmth.
The session includes lots of practice and:
- ‘singer-ly’ warm ups
- how singing benefits body and mind
- practice with using the breath, diaphragm and tone to produced a stronger voice
- the path of bhakti (see what is bhakti yoga?)
- working with gratitude
- the major deities and the energies they represent
- key mantras and their use in everyday life
- if wanted, a review of the Daily Chants, Arati and other Sivananda classics
We’ll use a harmonium, the traditional accompanying instrument, but feel free to bring any shakers or bells that you love.
Cost £18 including herb tea and lunch
Offer: bring a friend or do two workshops (combine with the pranayama course on 19th March): £27